Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

Book just published

Discussions, Rants & Resources
Janet_R

Re: Book just published

Post by Janet_R » Mon May 10, 2021 6:56 am

A.J. !!!! Congratulations! I'm happy for you, and for the world, because now they can read your words. I just got done taking an unexpected side-trip to Amazon. They say I will have your wonderful (and already much loved) book in my hands by Thursday. I will nestle it on my bookshelf next to your brother's wonderful works, and count myself rich in talented friends. Giant Hugs!
~ janet 

indar

Post by indar » Fri May 14, 2021 10:26 am

I have no kindle but I see its available in old school paperback which is how I prefer things anyway. Will order it and get back to you. :D

ajduclos

Post by ajduclos » Sat May 15, 2021 11:27 am

I had not wanted or expected anyone to buy my book.  I was just sort off bragging that even I can get a book (self) published.  I should have been more explicit and said if anyone is interested I will happily mail them a copy.

Hey Janet - I hope you like the book.  You might move it a shelf or two away from Marcel's book - his works are spectacular.  Mine are an exploration, with a long learning curve.  Thanks for thinking well of my writes.

And Linda, if you have not already ordered the book, please let me know and I'll happily mail you a copy.

As always, be well and keep writing.

Aj   

indar

Post by indar » Tue May 18, 2021 11:47 am

I ordered it. How many artists do you know that bemoan the fact that there is so little support for the arts but would not spend a dime buying the art of others? Thank you AJ for your kind offer. 

ajduclos

Post by ajduclos » Thu May 20, 2021 6:16 am

Linda - I hope you enjoy the book.  And you make a very good point about putting your money where your mouth is. 
Be well, and never stop writing.
Aj

AlienFlower

Post by AlienFlower » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:40 am

Congratulations, AJ! I just saw this.

That's real accomplishment. Having in mind that you're trying to put a book together must be a great help in making poems happen.

I'll look forward to reading it.

Jackie

ajduclos

Post by ajduclos » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:51 am

Hi Jackie !!!  I'm actually still a bit stunned that I actually put a book together and published it.  It would not have happened without my brother Marcel's encouragement and nagging.
It may very well be that when a theme for a book is chosen and some poems are written that it all acts like fuel to make more happen.  I remember starting to write about the horrors of my wife's terrible accident, a necessary attempt at catharsis.  Soon I was writing about the early days of our Covid time as well, and voila - the theme emerged.  This is a sort of personal journal.
I appreciate the congrats.  I hope you enjoy the book.
Keep writing, Jackie.
Aj