Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

At Last!!

Discussions, Rants & Resources
indar

At Last!!

Post by indar » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:47 pm

The book is in production and the publisher is taking preorders to be filled in early March. I am slowly returning to the land of functioning human beings:

https://www.kirkhousepublishers.com/pro ... hristensen

Colm Roe

Re: At Last!!

Post by Colm Roe » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:07 pm

Congratulations, and best of luck with it, Linda.
Love the cover photo  :)

Tracy Mitchell

Post by Tracy Mitchell » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:25 pm

Just ordered my copy.  I'm so excited to see it!  Love the cover art.  I'd have titled it Princess Linda and the Butter Queens.  

Now I need to figure out how to get it inscribed and signed by the author.  :D

Congrats Linda -- this is a major accomplishment.

Bravo!!

T

Dave

Post by Dave » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:16 am

Congratulations - this is great news, both on the publication and your re-emergence. I willö order a copy and enjoy the stories and the awesome cover, which as it did the others impressed me.

indar

Post by indar » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:56 am

Thank you all, Tracy, Colm Dave, for commenting on the project that nearly ended my sanity--such as it was.

I really appreciate that the cover art was appreciated. I initially wanted to use a photo from a Minnesota newspaper that was perfect: everything worked, the sculpture was almost done, Mary, the subject, was turned in exactly the same direction so a comparison to the sculpture could be made, the image was sharp. I begged and pleaded with the Newspaper to get permission to use it. My request was cycled through several departments and in the end, the legal department said they do not give permission to use their images on book covers.

Then, as I was going through some shoe boxes of old photos looking for something else, I found a packet of prints some guy had handed me outside the butter booth about 8 or 9 years ago. In it was a similar photo with info on the back. He was the official photographer for the University of Minnesota communications Department and perfectly happy to provide me with a couple of photos.

The sculpture was nowhere finished but by now I was determined.

Tracy Mitchell

Post by Tracy Mitchell » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:13 am

I think the photo is wonderful, but I can imagine if you like the unusable one better.  You know what my favorite one is.  :D

So admiring of your effort and accomplishment, Linda.

T

ajduclos

Post by ajduclos » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:26 pm

Awesome, Linda.  I have ordered a copy - can't wait.  I love the cover photo !!!!

What an accomplishment.  You saw it through.  Not easy to do.

Much love

Aj

AlienFlower

Post by AlienFlower » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:02 am

Fantastic, Linda! I just ordered one, too—congratulations on seeing it through!

Jackie

indar

Post by indar » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:44 pm

Thanks AJ, I know you know--I have your book "Corona'd Up in Maine" sitting on my shelves. (You still up there?)

Thanks Jackie, the publisher I'm working with doesn't ship out of the country. Don't know when it will be on Amazon. It's not off the press quite yet.

Tracy you are the one who posted the photo I thought I had to have. You thought it was from Modern Farmer Magazine, but they got the rights from The Star/Tribune. I'm mad at them.

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:17 am

Late to this but my sincere congratulations, Linda.