Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

Happy News - Janet!

Discussions, Rants & Resources
Tracy Mitchell

Happy News - Janet!

Post by Tracy Mitchell » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:15 pm

TTB’s own Janet Rode, known to NaPo’ers simply as Janet, has recently published No Matter How it Ends. This poetry collection was the finalist for the prestigious 2022 Birdy Poetry Prize.  As a result, Meadowlark Press has set her book to print!!

Congratulations, Janet!

It is a marvelous collection, and the reading is a personal, emotional experience.   Highly recommended for anyone who wants to be human:

No Matter How it Ends

Tracy Mitchell

Re: Happy News - Janet!

Post by Tracy Mitchell » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:52 pm

I forgot to say, I wrote a review of the book and if anyone would like a copy, let me know.

Cheers.

T

Janet_R

Post by Janet_R » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:56 pm

Hello Tracy and all of the poets,

Doesn't April seem like it's way in the rearview mirror...and about a thousand years ago?  I'm already looking forward to NaPo and hanging out with everyone again!

Tracy, thank you for posting about the book. It was something I thought of and did the "good intentions" thing in my head which somehow never morphed into action so I'm very glad you did and let me know you were doubt it. 

If anyone is interested, the books are available on Amazon and also at Meadowlark-books.com. 

Hope you're all well, 

~ j 

Tracy Mitchell

Post by Tracy Mitchell » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:44 am

Sorry it took me forever, but I've been intending to post this snippet from Janet's book, a marvelous passage, which captures the central theme --

We’ve forever hungered for
how sweet at last to savor

with no cast shadow
of what will come

no matter how it ends
we begin believing

always awake
praying for a miracle

Janet Rode, from No Matter How it Ends

Colm Roe

Post by Colm Roe » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:51 pm

We're all busy elsewhere, only noticed this now.
Huge congrats, Janet. You must be feeling so proud and so chuffed...and rightly so.

Dansinger

Post by Dansinger » Mon May 01, 2023 7:49 am

Congrats, Janet! Just ordered it.  :)

Dansinger

Post by Dansinger » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:54 am

And today I posted my review on goodreads and amazon (may take a while to show up though, and I posted on Amazon.nl, as that's where I bought it.)

Also... I posted the review in my poetry newsletter, which you can read online here:
https://preview.mailerlite.io/emails/we ... 6834194235

Janet_R

Post by Janet_R » Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:59 am

Thank you, Dan, that is very kind and thoughtful of you and it's also greatly appreciated. Your review was really interesting, until I read it I hadn't realized how introspective the poems were. I usually just write down whatever shows up and don't question the reason or the outcome. 

Getting reviews on Amazon and/or Good Reads is a real challenge. I've sold more books than have been reviewed, even by friends. That is probably because my friends are (like me) well intentioned, easily distracted and either lazy or busy. I can relate to that.

In the meanwhile, I'll just keep writing. Thanks again! I'm looking forward to Fives in a couple of days and having the pleasure of reading some excellent TTB poetry. 

~ j