Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

Indar -- the Back Story

Discussions, Rants & Resources
Tom

Indar -- the Back Story

Post by Tom » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:44 pm

If you folks didn't know, TTB's Indar, known in real life as Linda Christenson, is a Minnesota celebrity.  She has, for fifty years, been the sculptor in residence at the Minnesota State Fair. The Dairy Industry has historically been a large part of Minnesota's economy, and has had a large presence at the state fair.  They have sponsored the Princess Kay of the Milky Way competition since its inception.  Each of the Princess candidates have their likeness carved in a block of butter as part of the Fair festivities.  The "Dairy Barn" has a rotating refrigerated Sculpture studio.  For Fifty years  Linda has been carving the likeness of each Princess Kay candidate, and has become a stellar part of the Minnesota Dairy culture, and in the process, a Minnesota Legend.  She has recently published a book about her experience and observations.  She is a Minnesota classic, in every sense of the word.  I have always felt honored to interact with Linda concerning her poetry, my poetry, and more importantly, about the humanity of living, of which she has become a [perhaps reluctant] expert.  She is, and has been, my first and most enduring poetry mentor.   

If you haven't caught the most recent about Linda, then click on the link below.

Click here -- Indar