Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

TTB Anniversary

Discussions, Rants & Resources
Tracy Mitchell

TTB Anniversary

Post by Tracy Mitchell » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:39 pm

It was six years ago this week we spent a focused, frantic four days conceiving and giving life to this poetry site.  While it has not been what we originally envisioned, six years of continued life is a major accomplishment in this current digital poetry environment. And it has been an incredible experience.  The site has hosted the unveiling of a wealth of poetry, enabled interactions among talented and gifted writers, and continues to provide a respectful and encouraging forum for the exercise of the art of poetry.  Cheers to all who have made this happen, and a respectful cheers to those original founders:  Colm, Indar, Dave, Matty, Sharon, Mark, Kate, Catherine, and especially Cornelius Poe and Marc Gilbert, the real father of the site. 

Maybe I post something additional in another six years. Thanks all for your participation.

Cheers,

T

Colm Roe

Re: TTB Anniversary

Post by Colm Roe » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:36 am

There appears to be a strange time duality here because while it only seems like yesterday that TTB began it also feels like it's been going forever.
It's longevity is in no small way courtesy of your efforts, Tracy
How are Cornelius and Marc BTW?
Here's to another six years :)

indar

Post by indar » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:02 pm

Oh Captain, our captain,
First, here is hoping you are back in good health. Second, where would TTB be without you? This has definitely been THE PLACE for excellent writing and thoughtful and generous comments. Congratulations to us--we are a wonderful group! I'm actually getting sentimental about youse guys.

Tracy Mitchell

Post by Tracy Mitchell » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:06 pm

Aye, Colm, Indar--

to another six years -- Sláinte!!
                         Sláinte
                 Kanpai – Cin cin
             Prost,
                  Here’s looking at you kid — and now Lechyd da.
Skål – we are the bridges we will not burn.

~

Tracy Mitchell

Post by Tracy Mitchell » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:31 am

Congratulations to us--we are a wonderful group! I'm actually getting sentimental about youse guys.
Yes-- congratulations to us.  And yes, I am started to develop a fondness for you assholes too.   :D