Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

Greeting after a year's absence

Lecram06

Greeting after a year's absence

Post by Lecram06 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:29 pm

Greetings all,

I thank you for the invitation to participate according to my energy and ability. The site still sends shivers up and down my spine. I have the illusion that I am going to break something so visually pleasing. Irrational, I know; but the phobia persists.

I will attempt to write a "septet" a day for the NaPo event. I expect to be as surprised as any reader, not knowing what will show up. Why a "septet"?  Because I need a frame to hold my Attention Deficit at some level of functional regulation. As always, I write to discover, to uncover, to be disturbed and consoled. Pleasure and pain will undoubtedly dance with hope and despair. Light and serious verse know each other, share the same pen and ink on the blank white vellum. 

Whereas I do not expect a response to each and every poem I will submit over these thirty days, a comment now and then will find a welcome mat at my door. I commit myself to the same. 

Marcel  (Lecram16)

PS   do I have this at the correct spot 

Tracy Mitchell

Re: Greeting after a year's absence

Post by Tracy Mitchell » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:50 pm

Marcel you write with clarity, wit and eloquence.  So pleased to have you as park of the pack!  This is a great place for your greeting.

For your NaPo thread, go to on Board down labeled -- "2023 National Poetry Month Celebration"

Cheers.

Dansinger

Re: Greeting after a year's absence

Post by Dansinger » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:03 am

Welcome back, Marcel. It's good to see you again! I've been mostly absent this past year too. Stuff happens. But together we'll turn this into a magical NaPo celebration again, just like the previous years.