Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

God

General Poetry - post, comment, review, critique
Tim J Brennan

Re: God

Post by Tim J Brennan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:46 pm

Question, Indar: what kind of content do you "expect" from me?

indar

Post by indar » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:03 pm

I just now randomly clicked on page 4 in this forum and read "At Window" then I went one back and read "Cemetery Walk". They both told me something about the narrator as well as the subject of the poem (boundaries between blurred). The content in both captures a human moment in ways that your two most recent ones do not. 

Only you know if you think the previuos writing you've posted is all too much the same  but "not" has my vote

Dave

Post by Dave » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:59 am

I really like it when people experiment here. There is a kind of restriction that comes from believing that posts are meant to offer a semi-finished or finished poem. I like the way you repeat a technique in various poems even if i dont always like the result, it makes a lot of sense. Painters do it all the time.

Tim J Brennan

Post by Tim J Brennan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:27 am

indar wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:03 pm
I just now randomly clicked on page 4 in this forum and read "At Window" then I went one back and read "Cemetery Walk". They both told me something about the narrator as well as the subject of the poem (boundaries between blurred). The content in both captures a human moment in ways that your two most recent ones do not. 

Only you know if you think the previuos writing you've posted is all too much the same  but "not" has my vote

Thanks for the nod to my other stuff. Not sure I understand the temper of your dislike for this particular "content" of these two pieces but I will continue to try some different things. And why not? It's okay to write junk. And sometimes I do.
Last edited by Tim J Brennan on Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tim J Brennan

Post by Tim J Brennan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:31 am

Dave wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:59 am
I really like it when people experiment here. There is a kind of restriction that comes from believing that posts are meant to offer a semi-finished or finished poem. I like the way you repeat a technique in various poems even if i dont always like the result, it makes a lot of sense. Painters do it all the time.

Thanks, Dave.

I grew up w/my parents watching Lawerence Welk. I either watched it or went outside. I eventually grew to dislike it even more, but I appreciated the effort/result of anyone who's trying to be creative.

Still do.