Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

You see People Every Day You will Never see Again

General Poetry - post, comment, review, critique
Tim J Brennan

You see People Every Day You will Never see Again

Post by Tim J Brennan » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:32 pm

xxxxxx

xxxxxx

xxxxxx

xxxxxx
Last edited by Tim J Brennan on Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Colm Roe

Re: You see People Every Day You will Never see Again

Post by Colm Roe » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:24 pm

Jeez, there's nothing but death and gloom and doom here recently...I love it  :lol:
The disdain in L2...not just saying 'godless', but introducing him as 'a'...not very Christian of you  :lol:
I enjoyed the descriptive S5, and wonder if the title implies that you won't see him in the afterlife 
because he was an unbeliever  :o
Anywho, I enjoyed the read.

Tim J Brennan

Post by Tim J Brennan » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:43 pm

Colm Roe wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:24 pm
Jeez, there's nothing but death and gloom and doom here recently...I love it  :lol:
The disdain in L2...not just saying 'godless', but introducing him as 'a'...not very Christian of you  :lol:
I enjoyed the descriptive S5, and wonder if the title implies that you won't see him in the afterlife 

Glad you enjoyed it, Colm. I wonder about a lot things. I think that's why I write. It helps.

Colm Roe

Post by Colm Roe » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:47 pm

Tim J Brennan wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:43 pm
Colm Roe wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:24 pm

Glad you enjoyed it, Colm. I wonder about a lot things. I think that's why I write. It helps. 
Oh yeah! Writing is absolutely the best way focus my distracted mind.

Dave

Post by Dave » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:29 am

As one of the godless i find this well written tosh of course. Faintly condescending. One of those optimists who would be happy not to find anything on the other side concentrating on the joys of here and now. Thanks for the prayer and the poem. Such a lot of variation here, love it.

Dave

Post by Dave » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:31 am

Of Course on a personal Level - Person to Person in a Situation of death also touching.
Dave

Tim J Brennan

Post by Tim J Brennan » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:42 am

Dave wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:31 am
Of Course on a personal Level - Person to Person in a Situation of death also touching.
Dave

On a personal level, I'll take touching. Thanks, Dave.

indar

Post by indar » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:48 pm

To my read this crosses the line from touching to heart wrenching. I assume the "godless" is a father or someone equally close to the N. I have sat at a bedside twice during the moments of actual death, described the breath (so closely aligned with spirit) as fish-out-out-of-water gasping. What a desperate, and in the case of my father, hopeless struggle. The pain of the N is clear.

Colm Roe

Post by Colm Roe » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:56 pm

to ease the passage of a godless. 

If you're right in your interp Linda I think this line lessens the 'feel'. 
A title change and just 'to ease his passage' would have created a deeper sense of loss.

I've been there once, it was a protracted death. He seemed to die (or so we thought) so many times...but he'd 
start to breath again, and on it went. 
I'd imagine grief is worse for someone with faith who's watching a faithless relation die...an extra sadness.

Tim J Brennan

Post by Tim J Brennan » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:20 pm

indar wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:48 pm
To my read this crosses the line from touching to heart wrenching. I assume the "godless" is a father or someone equally close to the N. I have sat at a bedside twice during the moments of actual death, described the breath (so closely aligned with spirit) as fish-out-out-of-water gasping. What a desperate, and in the case of my father, hopeless struggle. The pain of the N is clear.

It's tough to watch someone die. But to watch someone die and be glad about it is tougher. My father was a shell when he died.