Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

He Who Knows

General Poetry - post, comment, review, critique
Marc Gilbert

Re: He Who Knows

Post by Marc Gilbert » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:47 am

Just getting reacclimated and stumbled upon this gem. I think the poem is much more than entertaining, though entertaining it is. YOur word choice do a great job of keeping the poem from sounding like prose. I like the poem as a whole but simply love the last 4 lines. Great to read your work again, Linda.
"Poetry is not speech raised to the level of music, but music brought down to the level of speech." - Paul Valery

Dansinger

Post by Dansinger » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:53 pm

Love this.

He's quite full of himself, eh? Ranting to God himself. He's got balls, gotta give him that. And then the Almighty one falling asleep. Hilarious!

But the best part  - or my favourite line - is the last one. Brilliant. Didn't see that one coming.

indar

Post by indar » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:57 pm

a parallel to the long rants the Speaker absorbs from this intellectualizing douche nozzle. :D :D :D

Now that I stopped laughing I suggest you write a poem that contains the above phrase---its too good to just lay around as a thread comment.

indar

Post by indar » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:01 pm

Great to read your work again, Linda.

Great to see you back Mark G. I hope this means you'll be participating here again. Thanks for the positive feedback.

indar

Post by indar » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:04 pm

But the best part  - or my favourite line - is the last one. Brilliant. Didn't see that one coming.

Thanks for bringing that up Dan---I wondered if "born in a barn" is an expression that has been lost in the dust of time or something---good to see you here as well.