Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

Misplaced Gnosis

General Poetry - post, comment, review, critique
Tim J Brennan

Misplaced Gnosis

Post by Tim J Brennan » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:53 am

Poem deleted
Last edited by Tim J Brennan on Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poet-e

Re: Misplaced Gnosis

Post by poet-e » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:44 am

I don't entirely get this...
S2-3 seems like birth/s.
Last S, I get abortion/s?

Also confused by the title...Definition of gnosis: esoteric knowledge of spiritual truth held by the ancient Gnostics to be essential to salvation
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gnosis

Tim J Brennan

Post by Tim J Brennan » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:07 am

poet-e wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:44 am
I don't entirely get this...
S2-3 seems like birth/s.
Last S, I get abortion/s?

Also confused by the title...Definition of gnosis: esoteric knowledge of spiritual truth held by the ancient Gnostics to be essential to salvation
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gnosis

Well, you must get it a little bit otherwise you wouldn't have put forth the birth / death interpretation.

Gnosis: knowledge of spiritual mystery

...imagine misplacing that.

Tracy Mitchell

Post by Tracy Mitchell » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:11 am

Tim, this feels like a condemnation of doctrinal fanaticism, superstitious obsession, and the evils of cult-authority.  The voice of N. does not present a reflective, evaluative point of view, but rather illogical, judgmental intolerance.  That's what I got --  intolerance.

Cheers.

T

Tim J Brennan

Post by Tim J Brennan » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:46 am

Tracy Mitchell wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:11 am
Tim, this feels like a condemnation of doctrinal fanaticism, superstitious obsession, and the evils of cult-authority.  The voice of N. does not present a reflective, evaluative point of view, but rather illogical, judgmental intolerance.  That's what I got --  intolerance.

Cheers.

T

...most of these things you mention are both illogical & judgmental, Tracy, so I thank you and believe this is on the right track. :)