Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

Book of Covid

General Poetry - post, comment, review, critique
Wren Tuatha

Re: Book of Covid

Post by Wren Tuatha » Tue May 12, 2020 10:23 am

I'm at peace with the Darwin thing, that people who make bad choices may face consequences, even death. But I'm not at peace with the nature of the virus--that such people will also cause illness and death among people who followed the restrictions. I don't feel they should have the "freedom" to kill me or someone else who didn't buy in to their decisions.

My mentor just moved into a nursing home right before the outbreak. Of course, now she has it. Bad timing.

indar

Post by indar » Tue May 12, 2020 11:41 am

I have been limiting grocery shopping to "senior hour" once every two weeks. The other day I had to make an extra trip during regular hours. The checkout line wrapped around the store's perimeter and a threesome of young adults started encroaching on my space from behind. I admit I look funny in mask and dark glasses but they started giggling and taking pictures of me. It became apparent they were getting aggressive. Honestly I wanted to cry. I am so sad for all of us.

I agree Wren, that they might have been responsible for my death had they infected me (could still be possible) I'll be 78 next month and my sweetheart is 80 with underlying conditions.

I am so sorry to hear of your mentor. Many elderly are recouperating, I take heart from each one I hear about.

murmac

Post by murmac » Tue May 12, 2020 7:19 pm

Last edited by murmac on Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

indar

Post by indar » Wed May 13, 2020 8:26 am

Pomes are immature poems. I know its confusing :D :D  Thanks for the read and comments mur.