Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

Dowd's Wharf (revision)

General Poetry - post, comment, review, critique
Matty11

Re: Dowd's Wharf (revision)

Post by Matty11 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:35 pm

Thanks Linda. Appreciate the insightful reading.
Also as often is the case the N probably can't envision a step-by-step plan to a better situation
Know what you mean Linda. Putting food on the table does lock people into a rut, understandably, and being made redundant is a fear, but can also be a release. After losing his job in his fifties, my brother-in-law went from working in a steelworks to teaching Spanish. He did over ten years in teaching, He enjoyed both jobs!
As to the memory of the younger by the older N, I would like to know more about Einstein's proclamation that time is not linear because I once drove to a house I lived in at a much younger age and had an overwhelming experience of the presence of that 15 year old "me" to whom I made a promise (of course I know better) I even wrote a poem about it back in the MWC days.
Love to see a repost! I get more than a few déjà vu experiences, and the mind does revisit and rehearse past conversations, and there's always future speculation...no wonder 'blunders' in the present happen! :D

all the best

Phil

Matty11

Post by Matty11 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:51 pm

That's a great reading of the language used Dave. Really appreciated. The 'I' is often absorbed in the work environment. Of course, away for those 'distractions', there's more space for introspection, for the 'I'.
Dave wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:51 am
I would suggest though changing calling to call and dropping 'my voice' - what else should call even if the idea is to disembody the voice and make it a remembered voiced rather than an actual and current one.
Dave
That was the intention Dave, I'll have a ponder, though how the mind occupies time is an interest, and the voice he is hearing is his childhood voice reborn (not totally buried). Well, that was my thinking anyway.

all the best

Phil

indar

Post by indar » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:34 am

Love to see a repost! I get more than a few déjà vu experiences, and the mind does revisit and rehearse past conversations, and there's always future speculation...no wonder 'blunders' in the present happen! Image

I will repost it. It is a very little poem, not the poem Cottonwoods Tracy referred to: I'm on about my umpteenth rewrite of that one.