Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

Means

General Poetry - post, comment, review, critique
Mark

Means

Post by Mark » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:39 am

While Satan
may or may not exist,
Satanism
definitely does.

Gyppo

Re: Means

Post by Gyppo » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:44 pm

Strange people.  I've met two in my life.  Charming but cold.  Very cold.  For some reason neither of them liked me.  

One of them had a local reputation as a scary dude.  Took him about five seconds at our first meeting to realise it simply didn't work on me.

Each to his own, as long as he didn't interfere with me or mine.

Gyppo
I've been writing ever since I realised I could.  Storytelling since I started talking.  Poetry however comes and goes  ;-)

Tracy Mitchell

Post by Tracy Mitchell » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:27 pm

Another insightful observation & declaration.  I think the same goes for most cult movements, with the leader being deified/caricatured/propagandized beyond recognition.  
If my calculations are correct, the next quad will be . . . Opportunity.

Cheers,

T

Mark

Post by Mark » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:27 am

Thanks for comments, guys. It seems it may be more more pervasive at certain levels of society than we think and could explain much that seems otherwise inexplicable.

This shit is real - in Mossel Bay one time there was this love triangle between three homosexual men, a hairdresser, a chef and some kind of fire juggler/twirler (I kid you not) and there was some kind of conflict and the hairdresser became demonically possessed. Lee got this phone call with this strangled call for help and went charging to the house not knowing what was wrong. She commandeered this very big Afrikaner guy to go with her - I was out on the farm - and they went there. They both reported some pretty bizarre stuff, which i won't detail, and there were unusual things that happened afterwards at our respective homes, with us a TV fried itself while not in use and candles kept going out, my Jack Russell kept running away, shit like that. I admit to dusting off my Bible and telling whatever it was to fuck off, which it seemed to do. Then a posse of roughnecks went to the demon house and invited the chef and hairdresser to leave town urgently, which they did. The whole episode was very unpleasant, downright nasty. But Lee - what a ballsy woman she was, even when she realized what was going on, she stuck there and tried to bring him out of it. It was heavy stuff, the giant Dutchman had great difficulty in restraining this weedy little hairdresser with mad yellow eyes and wanted to bolt for it but she kept him there.         

Mark

Post by Mark » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:31 am

Tracy Mitchell wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:27 pm

If my calculations are correct, the next quad will be . . . Opportunity.

Cheers,

T
You know I'm so contrary that I might bug out now... :mrgreen:  better get busy. I have been forced to rest a bit due to an injury, so it might not be a quad, so there.