Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

DAY 4

mfwilkie

DAY 4

Post by mfwilkie » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:09 pm

Prompt#3  Write a poem that is really a love letter to an old flame. To make sure it’s doesn’t slip into sappy, make sure one or more of these words are in the poem: dung beetle, politician, nuclear, exoskeleton, oceanography, pompadour, toilet  

Dear Tracy, 

So glad to get your note! And yes, I remember well that nuclear Halloween party at Nancy’s house our senior year. And yes, I do recall the iridescent dung beetle outfit you wore; Who could forget the pompadour-styled wig you searched high and low for: you thought it would be such a dramatic addition to the pumpkin-orange exoskeleton you planned on wearing. Didn’t you manage to amass a sizable collection of postiches from our moms, nannies, and Grammies? I do believe down at Milner’s Barber Shop, they still tell newcomers the story of the red-headed kid who chased all over town for the perfect wig. You know how a gossip grows, from one mouth to another; well, you’ve become somewhat of a myth over the years? No, more a cautionary tale disappearing the way you did. I tried and tried to convince Norma there was nothing hidden under you elytra, and oceanography was not a game she should be playing. She ended up deep-diving in the toilet bowl later that night. Locating any and all the pictures taken that night, (the little favor you asked for weeks ago). Done! Destroying them is something else again.The memories of a girl’s first love are some of her strongest recollections.

You’ll make a fine politician
 , Tracy. As ever...

Tina Kafka

Dave

Re: DAY 4

Post by Dave » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:30 am

Amazing fun and revelations about Tracy. Wow