Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

Aprés NaPo Bar & Grill

Tracy Mitchell

Re: Aprés NaPo Bar & Grill

Post by Tracy Mitchell » Thu May 09, 2019 3:52 pm

Very, very nice, Aimé.  You have the musical gift.

Love this.

Hint -- SoundCloud

ajduclos

Post by ajduclos » Fri May 10, 2019 6:17 am

Hi Tracy - 

Thanks for the kind words.

I thought I'd try the button above for inserting a Youtube - I have a few songs out there that a buddy put there for me cause he could.  So I'm trying to insert the link to one of my songs. (see the link above) 
If it works, perhaps I can ask him to put "Towers Of Dreams" on youtube for me, if I ever get it recorded.

I'm submitting this - I'll be right back to see if it works.   

Some forums allow for uploading MP3 files - I don't see that facility here.

As to SoundCloud... not comfortable with an unknown entity that I have to pay having my stuff - call me old fashioned.

Aj  

ajduclos

Post by ajduclos » Fri May 10, 2019 6:19 am

WOW  -  it works !!!!!!!!!!

Aj

Tracy Mitchell

Post by Tracy Mitchell » Fri May 10, 2019 7:35 am

Excellent!  Not only does it work, it conveys good music.   :D

When I used SoundCloud it had a serviceable free component, perhaps no longer.  In any event, YouTube works just fine.

Cheers

T

Lecram06

Post by Lecram06 » Fri May 10, 2019 7:48 am

ajduclos wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:56 am
Tom wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:34 pm
And if we can keep the IPA's flowing to  Aimé the Song-Maker maybe we get our Anthem as well.  Wahooo!
Tom, and every one of you NaPo mates:

While I was away from NaPo those last few days of April, music came from my guitar.  As most often is the case for me, music is the first step in the writing process.  Words started bouncing around in my empty head, teasing and tickling.  It's been a process. 

I've written a lyrical poem/song in honor of The Tangled Branch NaPo 2019 and in honor of you all.  It's not quite an "Anthem" as Tom was hoping for, but it is from the heart.

Like Elton John said:  My gift is my song, and this one's for you.

The Tangled Branch NaPo 2019  –  Towers of Dreams  

Flowers and gardens
manicure green
sun warmed hopes
Towers of Dreams 

Sun and Moon
Polar delights
bright and warm
hushed insight 

Muse never far
      She's ever near
      like a twinkling star
      through darkness appears
         quiet She breathes
         from under the eaves
      listen      and hear 

Thoughts thimbolic
sprout shambolic
words symbolic
whirl bucolic 

Collaboration
lush inspiration
paddle in pathos
Theory of Chaos 

Fancy flights
through flights of fancy
traces smear clear
IPA's here here          

Heart informs whole
      rides dawning tide
      Muse touches soul
      nudges and guides
         She cradles fingers
         pen in hand lingers
      poet      inscribes 

Judgments be gone
shoulds don't belong
grandkids grow
old friends go 

Inside the mind
outside the lines
flowers and green
Towers of Dreams

And if I get an opportunity to record this at my kitchen table, challenge enough, my next challenge will be to figure out how to share the "song" with you all.

Again, thanks for accepting me and my "songs."

Aj  

Yea!   I want to hear it. The music in my head fails miserably. Please. Marcel aka Lecram06

Lecram06

Post by Lecram06 » Fri May 10, 2019 7:55 am

ajduclos wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:17 am

Hi Tracy - 

Thanks for the kind words.

I thought I'd try the button above for inserting a Youtube - I have a few songs out there that a buddy put there for me cause he could.  So I'm trying to insert the link to one of my songs. (see the link above) 
If it works, perhaps I can ask him to put "Towers Of Dreams" on youtube for me, if I ever get it recorded.

I'm submitting this - I'll be right back to see if it works.   

Some forums allow for uploading MP3 files - I don't see that facility here.

As to SoundCloud... not comfortable with an unknown entity that I have to pay having my stuff - call me old fashioned.

Aj  

OK, AJ, more. I sit at my desk looking out into the ice covered trees this side of Pikes Peak and you song melts me. YOu confirm that poetry is first and always song or it is nada. Lecera06

Lecram06

Post by Lecram06 » Fri May 10, 2019 7:58 am

Tracy Mitchell wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:05 pm
Imagine we are in a gymnasium on hands and knees.  There is a peanut in front of each of us and our task is to push the peanut with our nose from one baseline to the other.  Our elbows, shoulders and necks tire at differing rates.  Our knees become sore.  The peanut curls off the nose occasionally.  We commiserate – we are in this together.  We make slow progress and encourage ourselves and each other in our common pursuit.  Would the camaraderie be greater if we take turns pushing one peanut rather than each of us having our own peanut? Just asking.

I read lots of poetry – currently Wendell Berry, Alfred Tennyson, and Eliza Rotterman.  Though I have no affect on the authors I read, their effect on me is unmistakable – I remain thoroughly pollinated.  

What I don’t get from reading in isolation is the energy of the imagination and creativeness which exudes from the artistic/writing process.   Writing poetry and sharing poetry takes courage.  We know courage can grow in groups (mob mentality?).  What I get from the NaPo experience is the energy, the shared exuberance, the delight of other’s efforts.  Yes, it inspires me.  Siobhan used to call this ‘bouncing off each other’ and it is a real thing, a valuable thing.  I get that with one thread or a hundred – we are still similarly situated folks on a common mission. 

I cherish shambolism as much as the next guy, but this year it felt way too unwieldy, especially at the beginning.  It was so chaotic with the arrival of everyone that my sense of it was “the fences are down at Yasgur’s Farm”.  And it felt that way.  

My preference is for each writer to have his or her own thread.  But my greater preference is to get as many peanut pushers in the gymnasium as possible, what ever that may take.

I will try to sound out some of the new folks who didn’t post much.  Maybe there is a better way to spread the welcome mat.  

Just my thoughts.

Cheers

T
Tracy, Since I will continue to struggle with things "computer" I will let the young sort out the the String Theory in practice. Lecram06

ajduclos

Post by ajduclos » Fri May 10, 2019 9:02 am

Lecram06 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:55 am
OK, AJ, more. I sit at my desk looking out into the ice covered trees this side of Pikes Peak and you song melts me. YOu confirm that poetry is first and always song or it is nada. Lecera06 

Hey Tracy - Marcel wants "more" of my songs!!  I'm honored, but he's my brother and easily impressed !!!!!!!

I'd be happy to post more youtube links to some of my stuff, but is this thread really the place to do this?

And would it be good to also include the poem/lyrics in the same post?

Guidance, please. 

Aj

Tracy Mitchell

Post by Tracy Mitchell » Fri May 10, 2019 10:56 am

AJ -- best place to post the songs would be here:

Watering Hole/Park Bench/ Coffee House -- Chat Board

And by all means post the lyrics/poems as well as the links.

And btw-- Marcel wants more of everything.  :D :D

ajduclos

Post by ajduclos » Sat May 11, 2019 7:34 am

Tracy - Ha about Marcel - seems you know him well !!!!!!

I'll give the "Watering Hole" a shot for posting songs - and I'll include poem/lyrics.

I'll start with the one I posted above.

Let's see what happens.

Thanks.

Aj