Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

My Muse Passed Out

General Poetry - post, comment, review, critique
Tracy Mitchell

Re: My Muse Passed Out

Post by Tracy Mitchell » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:54 pm

:D :D :D

Now, how do we get them back on task??

Gyppo

Post by Gyppo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:36 pm

Just ask nicely, or spoil them them with chocolates or flowers.  Make them feel appreciated.  I don't believe they can be forced.
I've been writing ever since I realised I could.  Storytelling since I started talking.  Poetry however comes and goes  ;-)

Tracy Mitchell

Post by Tracy Mitchell » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:57 pm

My operational philosophy, if all else fails, is to start the work - she will show up.

Gyppo

Post by Gyppo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:46 pm

Generally speaking they do.  Muses don't believe in Writer's Block, but they will gleefully use the opportunity to skive off for a while if the writer believes in it.  I think mine is probably happiest when she's wearing overalls, with her sleeves rolled up and her hair tied back out of the way, or covered up with a headscarf.

It's easy enough to imagine them lounging around in a bar somewhere, or on a sunny beach, grumbling amongst themselves about lazy bloody writers who don't turn up when there's work to be done ;-)
I've been writing ever since I realised I could.  Storytelling since I started talking.  Poetry however comes and goes  ;-)

Lecram06

Post by Lecram06 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:13 pm

Tracy,
It's the visuals and the specifics of your poems that capture me. And the humor? What's to say. Marcel