Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

Greetings

Interlace1

Greetings

Post by Interlace1 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:45 am

Hello. Thanks for the warm welcome so far. 
I’m a history teacher and dad of a teething toddler who writes a little poetry when time and toddler accommodate such wanton self-indulgence. 
Not been overly productive recently so hoping to rekindle something with your help. 
From what I’ve read so far inspiration should certainly be plentiful, though I can’t promise I’ll take the bait!
Question: do you tend to revise poems on the same thread, as in some other forums, or leave them as originals?
happy to go with the flow on this. 

Cheers,

luke 

Colm Roe

Re: Greetings

Post by Colm Roe » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:36 pm

Welcome Luke  :)
You could leave the original, then add edited versions, or just have one poem that's edited as you go. Standard practice is one thread for each poem.
I thought History was the most boring subject in school. Boy do I love it now!
Would I be right in saying that young people nowadays are more interested because they play video games that re-enact real battles in various countries?

Matty11

Post by Matty11 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:04 am

Welcome Luke

Hope you are rekindled :D

best

Phil

Dave

Post by Dave » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:01 am

A generous and happy welcome to a fellow traveller through time and space. Look forward to the poems.
Dave

Deb

Post by Deb » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:36 am

Hi Luke,

Welcome and congratulations.

Toddlers to third graders are my favorite ages. From newborns to right before they start school, they are 100% themselves, think you hung the moon, and are made up of you and the people they interact with daily. Plus, the younger they are, the fewer filters. ;)

I wish I would have kept a journal of names, words, phrases, favorite books, and songs to use for material later. Now I have to be a writer and fill in more of the blanks.

What grade(s) do you teach? I taught music as a consultant for Kindergarten to 5th grade for a semester until the California educational budget crisis. Those were some of the most rewarding five months of employment in my life.
I didn't go into debt for a degree and shall remain poorer for it. :D

That's too much information for an introduction.

It's good to have you here. I look forward to reading your work.

I hope you'll try the NaPoWriMo, thirty days of April madness with us this year.

Have a great day,
~Deb