Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

I'm here too.

Catherine

Post by Catherine » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:17 pm

I'm a self-made poet, and a very modest one. I've always written for myself, and started to share only a few years ago. I was reluctant at first, but soon got addicted to interact with fellow writers and poets. English is not my first language, but it is my favorite writing language...

I love reading, and my current discovery is Italian very poetic author Goliarda Sapienza.

I look forward to reading you here.

Tom

Post by Tom » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Welcome Catherine!  I hope you like it here.  :)

Marc Gilbert

Post by Marc Gilbert » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:35 pm

Welcome
"Poetry is not speech raised to the level of music, but music brought down to the level of speech." - Paul Valery

Kate

Re: I'm here too.

Post by Kate » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:29 pm

What a happy place to reconnect with the poet regulars of days of yore!

Catherine, from the temporary site, you wrote:
"PS: what is a field trial ? I imagine some poor man accused of murder being judged in the middle of the USA Great Plains, crows croaking above his head, waiting for him to hang on the lonely dark skeleton of a tree, the sun burning everything and everyone to the bones...and Kate sitting on a wooden stool, scrapbook in her lap, writing poetry about the scene ;-) "

You are too funny! Given the temps this upcoming week here (20s-40s) I'd rather be sitting on that stump jotting a line or two. No, a field trial is where we ride on horses through the longleaf pine forests following dogs who are trying/hoping to point coveys of quail. It is a dog competition. But it is cold as a witch's tit (my dad would say) on a horse in the woods at 7 a.m.

Sharon Leigh

Re: I'm here too.

Post by Sharon Leigh » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:58 am

Welcome Catherine, glad you made it! And wow, that reply above from Kate has some amazing organic found poetry in it, must say, between your musings and Kate's reply! :)
"well for a lonely soul, you're having such a nice time" - Keane