Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

Hi!

julytimes

Hi!

Post by julytimes » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:30 pm

Hi everyone! I'm a freshman in college with an English/Finance double major. Even though I know that English will definitely help me get into law school (the ultimate goal), I really enjoy the subject as well. I earned some credit from APs, so I'm starting in ENGL 4050, a senior poetry course. Not only does it seem like everyone else in the class is in touch with how to make their words flow, but the professor is an actual, published poet. Suffice to say, I'm pretty intimidated.

I'm just looking for help with some of the stuff I'm writing for class and for enjoyment. I do want to cultivate whatever talent I might have and work at it, so any and all feedback is much appreciated! 

Happy to be here!

xx July

indar

Re: Hi!

Post by indar » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:35 pm

Welcome July,
You have found the right place. The group here is generous and supportive. So thrilled to have a poetry student in our midst. 

Colm Roe

Post by Colm Roe » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi and welcome July.
Post one of your recent poems here (in Post Your Poems) and we'll take it from there.
Looking forward to reading your stuff.

Sharon Leigh

Post by Sharon Leigh » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:40 pm

Hi July and Welcome! So glad you've found us. :)

When you get a chance, you may want to stop by the Welcome board, there's a wealth of information to help familiarize yourself with the site, such as a quick tour of the site, Tangled Branch rules & etiquette, where and how to post your poems and the like.

viewforum.php?f=265

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact a Moderator (we're the ones in green) ;)

Looking forward to reading you!

Best,
Sharon
"well for a lonely soul, you're having such a nice time" - Keane

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:50 am

Hi julytimes - glad to see you made it over - Welcome  Mark (T).