Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

Let It Be Spoken

Mark

Re:  Let It Be Spoken

Post by Mark » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:54 pm

Quite entertaining, and the accent is so far from the 'voice' I read your poems and comments with that I'm still absorbing the change.  

Colm Roe

Post by Colm Roe » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:29 pm

Because I usually write about death?  :lol:
It's an inexhaustible goldmine (not being flippant) and something I'm very familiar and comfortable with. Not comfortable in the sense that I'm not deeply affected by the consequences...just with its inevitability.
Maybe it was the sight of me that confused...we never look like we sound. But how much more difficult is it to guess people from their written words. 
Hope the 'absorb' wasn't too unpleasant, and you continue to accept me for the words I write :)  
Anywho, kudos to you and Tim for sharing here; it's easy to print words...it's another level to 'expose' your voices.

Mark

Post by Mark » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:53 am

I think everyone likes the Irish accent, north or south. There's an Irish widow lady here with two daughters on a smallholding where I rent a hangar for storage and as a workshop. A great bunch, we all get on very well - Mark! come have a beer, that kind of thing. A big old farmhouse, I'm often patching this or fixing that for them - I don't charge because they run an animal welfare shelter. Good solid people.

The only thing that has me nonplussed about your appearance is that you don't look the same as in your photo sitting on the chimney...?   :mrgreen:    

Colm Roe

Post by Colm Roe » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:01 pm

The only thing that has me nonplussed about your appearance is that you don't look the same as in your photo sitting on the chimney...?   Image  

It's an old photo  ;)